Re: MGs To Be Built in China ? What's NEXT ???

To: "Bryan Savage" <b.a.savage@wildblue.net>
Subject: Re: MGs To Be Built in China ? What's NEXT ???
From: "Ed Weldon" <23.weldon@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 10:14:52 -0700
List -- You all may not like me for saying this--
The USA is on a "credit card" binge.  Spend today; tomorrow will take care
of itself.  This mentality in the US Congress is driven by what the US
voters want and the "buy their votes" mindset that exists there.  And
whichever party comes out on top in November; that won't change much.  What
the voters of the USA want the government will give them.

But it's not just the feds.  How many of you guys have tapped the equity in
your house to fund part of your racing program?  I mean like it's real easy
to convince the family finance comittee to spring for tires and safety
equipment.   Sort of like insurance.   Where do you suppose those dollars
come from?

It isn't just China sending their dollars from exploiting their cheap labor
pool to the USA bank so we can play with them.  The Arab oil states and
Russia are doing the same thing with their newfound $70/barrel wealth.
These countries know that no matter how they feel about our foreign policy
we're still the safest "bank" for them to put their money into.   Remember
that they could just as well invest their wealth somewhere else.  No, they
choose good old USA bank.  There are not too many safer places to invest for
the long term than in prime secured US residential property (via mortgage
lending) and in the ability of US workers to keep paying taxes to the
government over the long term.

The thin times will come sometime over our short horizons, likely for our
kids and grandchildren.   All the luxuries of life that Mom and Dad enjoyed
will be the subject of family reminiscences and a source of nostalgic pride.
And somewhere along that line we'll start learning again how to make and
repair the things we can't afford to buy anymore.

So lets all keep pounding the feds to roll with the enormous deficits,
reduce taxes and throw money around wherever it will buy votes.  We all want
to keep having fun for a little while longer.........
Ed Weldon