Re: SU lean/rich confussion

To: KeithB227@aol.com
Subject: Re: SU lean/rich confussion
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 1995 13:50:28 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 21 Dec 1995 KeithB227@aol.com wrote:

> John wrote:
>
> >The only way I can think that you didn't mention is worn, scratched, or
> >totally inappropriate metering needles.
> >

> can tell with the carb synchonizer that Moss sells.  The needles are new and
> are the ones supplied by Moss in their carb rebuild kit ("5" needle, claimed
> to be an improvement over the original "MB")

Hmph!  How about the jets the new needles go into?  Wear there could
also cause richness.

Let's see..  I assume the pistons aren't stuck and the needles are
installed to the correct "depth".

John M. Trindle | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle
"The secret to fast cornering is to late apex as early as possible.
 - J. Ames"