Re: Tires for B's

To: mgs@autox.team.net (mgs)
Subject: Re: Tires for B's
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 09:12:21 -0600 (CST)
Roe writes:
> Frank, Last summer I purchased 4 Avon 165 R14 84S from a local garage (they
> ordered the tires) for my 80B. They allow me to turn the car quicker in
> good weather than the 185 tires that were previously on the car.

At the risk of initiating a Tire Tech War, let's simply remember that
not all tires are created equal.  I'm not familiar with those particular
Avon tires, but it's quite possible that a high-quality 165R14 might
have significantly stiffer sidewalls than a bargain-basement flaccid
185/70R14.  There are many more variables than simply tread width.

--

Todd Mullins
Todd.Mullins@nrlssc.navy.mil    On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Tourer with 185/70R14 Goodyear T-Metrics

"I could go at any time..."