Re: Repro plastic dash cover

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: Repro plastic dash cover
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 12:26:47 -0800 (PST) (20:26 UT)
>Any silicone based adhesive - even "gasket goo" should do it.
 holding it in place whilst drying is not easy - I can only relate what I
<have done which seems to work.

 O.K., this may or may not be applicable.  It would certainly be worth
exploring a test case.  We got this silly gadget for the shower, for
dispensing shampoo, etc.  To glue it to the wall, it used a combination
of double-stick foam and silicone adhesive.  The double-stick foam held
it in place on the wall long enough for the silicone adhesive to cure.
Foam may be too thick for a dashboard, but plastic carpet tape is as
sticky as tape gets, and it's very thin.  You could put the tape at a
few strategic spots, and then apply the adhesive evenly over the rest
of the area.  Carefully position, press down, and don't touch for 24 hours!

Whaddyathink?

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*