Re: taut tonneaus

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: taut tonneaus
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 19:38:13 -0500
>By the way, I lived in Maryland for 2 years and I thought they had the best
>safety inspection policy - one inspection when purchased and none
>thereafter!!!  Don't know if they still have that policy but it was sure nice.

It hasn't changed.

I've been there and have 2 perfectly good tonneaus sitting in my garage
waiting for that magical tonneua growth hormone to be available.  I suspect
the PO used Armor All on them (see previous note) which made them shrink in
the first place.  I figure that by the time I can afford to add a Midget to my
collection my shrunken tonneaus will be perfect!!!

vinyl shrinks without tension.  You see this on ripped seats.  The material
pulls
away gradually from the tear.  The fix is pretty simple, warm tension.  Come
summer, use some heavy twine or some rope, and pull it tight and let it set for
while, prefereably with some sort of softening agent on it.  In a matter of
hours
you can have it stretched back out again to its original size.