Hard Top?

To: "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hard Top?
From: Douglas Gaither <gaither@ix21.ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 97 21:57:52 -0000
Well,

I think I'm going to strip my car down and paint it.  I've been toying
with the idea of getting a hardtop.  And if I decide to, I want to paint
it the same time I paint my car.

I'd like to hear from those of you that have hardtops.  Are you glad you
have them?  What should I look for in a top?  How much should I expect to
pay?  What brands are good?  Bad?  Do they seal well?  Are they a big
pain to store when not in use?  Do they come with a headliner?

My car is going to be mainly a fair weather car, parked in the garage
(although I may have to relinquish it to my wife during fowl weather).  I
will no doubt want to take it out in the winter (I know, most of you
don't think California has a 'REAL' winter) and might rather spend my
money on a hardtop than for a replacement top (mine is major toast).  I
do like the idea of being able to lock something in the car without
putting the top at risk.

TIA

Douglas Gaither