Re: Hard Top?

To: larryhoy@juno.com (Larry A Hoy), boballen@sky.net
Subject: Re: Hard Top?
From: Ross Overcash <jroverca@tiac.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 19:47:16
At 03:57 PM 4/25/97 EDT, Larry A Hoy wrote:

>Hey Doug I have to ditto what Bob says here.  I looked around for a long
>time to find a hardtop, now that I have one I don't use it often,
>certainly not enough to justify having the top.  Most of the time I have
>no top at all on the car, if I have anything of value I put it in the
>trunk.
>

>Cheers,
>Larry Hoy
>1969 MGB Roadster
>1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas
>1976 MGB Parting out
>
>>Douglas Gaither wrote:
>>>
>>> Well,
>>>
>>> I'd like to hear from those of you that have hardtops.  Are you glad
>you
>>> have them?
>===================
>On Fri, 25 Apr 1997 08:14:31 -0500 Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
>writes:
>
>>I had a Midget for several years and it came with a hardtop. The hardtop
>>spent almost its entire life being moved around to different corners of
>>the basement. It just didn't seem worth the hassle of
>installing/deinstalling.
>>
>>Also, the hardtop was double-shell fiberglass with no headliner. Sound
>>that came in through the firewall or floor pan just reverberated
>>underneath the hardtop. With a soft top, the sound was 'good car
>>sounds' and was cool. With the hardtop it was just, plain, loud.
>>
>>I'm sure you can get different opinions but I'd recommend a hardtop with
>>a headliner. Is your car parked in the garage, right now, with the top
>>down? I wouldn't recommend a hardtop. If parked outside, maybe.
>>
>>Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6
>>

>Doug, Larry et. al. (I always wondered who et al was , oh well)  Since I
live in the Northeast I would love to have a hardtop, I drive my 74B year
round and let me tell you it can be a bit chilly in the winter. Of course
if you live in a part of the country where it doesn't rain much then you
probably don't need one! I wonder how many were actually sold in this
country as original equipment?

Ross Overcash, 74B, NAMGBR 2-1172, Ayer, MA.
http://www.tiac.com/users/jroverca