Re: Hard Top?

To: Douglas Gaither <gaither@ix21.ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Hard Top?
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 08:14:31 -0500
Douglas Gaither wrote:

> Well,
>
> I'd like to hear from those of you that have hardtops.  Are you glad you
> have them?

I had a Midget for several years and it came with a hardtop. The hardtop
spent almost its entire life being moved around to different corners of
the basement. It just didn't seem worth the hassle of
installing/deinstalling.

Also, the hardtop was double-shell fiberglass with no headliner. Sound
that came in through the firewall or floor pan just reverberated
underneath the hardtop. With a soft top, the sound was 'good car sounds'
and was cool. With the hardtop it was just, plain, loud.

I'm sure you can get different opinions but I'd recommend a hardtop with
a headliner. Is your car parked in the garage, right now, with the top
down? I wouldn't recommend a hardtop. If parked outside, maybe.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6