Re: Ray Gibbons

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ray Gibbons
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com (Richard L. Bergstrom)
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 07:45:35 -0700
From: Mike Lewellen <mlewellen@fruit.com>
Subject: oil filter adapters
Why not a remote mount?  I put one on my Midget and can now run a FRAM
PH8A filter (huge, cheap, available everywhere and it probably adds 1/2
quart capacity.  Makes changing oil real easy too!  Filter is on right
side front fender.

Got mine from Winner's Circle....BEST MIDGET PARTS PLACE IN THE WORLD FOR
HIGH PERFORMANCE STUFF!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS>>>
I have a 76 B with an oil filter adapter.  I am considering going back
to the canister type which was original.  The adapter I have sets the
modern filter in an upright position and changing isn't that much
cleaner.  Are there mechanical advantages to the adapter?

Ric Bergstrom