Leaky Body

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Leaky Body
From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 20:44:08 -0400
No gross comments about bladder control, please.  My B has been restored
over the past 4 years.  In the process, nearly every piece of body sealing
rubber has been replaced.  My problem is that the car leaks in into both
footwells.  This is a problem whether the car is driven in the rain, or
merely washed with a low pressure garden hose.  Invariably, the rubber
floor mats will have standing puddles in them.  Does anyone have a clue
where this water is coming from?  I thought perhaps through the various
openings in the firewall, but this area is bone dry after washing.  The
cowl vent?  The carpets beneath the fresh air vents above the tranny tunnel
don't get wet.  It seems that the water is dropping from directly above the
middle of the footwell.

Any experience/suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Chris Delling