Re: Leaky Body

To: mowogmg@pil.net
Subject: Re: Leaky Body
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 23:52:51 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-12 22:12:45 EDT, mowogmg@pil.net writes:

> >No gross comments about bladder control, please.  My B has been restored
>  >over the past 4 years.  In the process, nearly every piece of body
sealing
>  >rubber has been replaced.  My problem is that the car leaks in into both
>  >footwells.  This is a problem whether the car is driven in the rain, or
>  >merely washed with a low pressure garden hose.  Invariably, the rubber
>  >floor mats will have standing puddles in them.  Does anyone have a clue
>  >where this water is coming from?  I thought perhaps through the various
>  >openings in the firewall, but this area is bone dry after washing.  The
>  >cowl vent?  The carpets beneath the fresh air vents above the tranny
tunnel
>  >don't get wet.  It seems that the water is dropping from directly above
the
>  >middle of the footwell.
>  >
>  >Any experience/suggestions are welcome.
>
>  Fill the interior with 55 gallons of water and look where it leaks ;-)
>
>  KMR
When I bought my first 'B in Florida, we were sitting in it when a rainstorm
hit.  Much to my chagrin, water started pouring in around every crevice of
the covertible top.  The PO said, and I can quote him, "That's why they're
called all-weather tops.  All of the weather on the outside comes inside!"
 I've found less leaks with a tonneau cover in the summer.
~Mike Lishego