Re: Leaky Body

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Leaky Body
From: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 08:35:53 -0700
>No gross comments about bladder control, please.  My B has been restored
>over the past 4 years.  In the process, nearly every piece of body sealing
>rubber has been replaced.  My problem is that the car leaks in into both
>footwells.

Since it was just restored I'll assume the drain tube from the heater is
clear.

Do you have the rubber pads under the windshield wiper bezels?

I would put some sealant under the windshield post pads. You would be
amazed at how much can leak thru there.

The other place I would look is were the front fenders meet the body. There
is that strip that runs from the windshield post to the engine bay. Open
the hood up and look at were it ends. If the space between the fender and
the body isn't filled it will leak thru that hole.

Good Luck,
Lane