Re: Modulation Gone! Now what?

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Modulation Gone! Now what?
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 15:56:00 -0700 (PDT)
I did not write that [] part though the message implies I did but I will
bite anyway. I can guess that since the use of the shims allows the bearing
to be installed without preloading a force to the side of the bearing that
this was the desire of the engineer. Perhaps it reduces wear or protects the
bearing from forces it is not designed to handle. I am not an engineer so I
can't say why but knowing that I am not, and assuming that this system was
designed by and engineer with more bearing knowledge than I, I am willing to
assume that they had a good reason. Do we have to know why in order to
follow the directions for assembly? I guess that I cannot satisfy your
curiosity.

Chris Reichle