Re: Problem refitting engine

To: jape@email.unc.edu, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Problem refitting engine
From: Teacher122@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 22:28:42 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-10-01 21:55:42 EDT, jape@email.unc.edu writes:

<<
 Could some residual pressure in the clutch line cause this problem?  I
 haven't bled the clutch and it doesn't do anything when I push the pedal.

 In short, I'd love for someone to tell me it's normal to have to close
 the half-inch gap between engine and bellhousing by using nuts and bolts.

 John Middlesworth
 72  MGB

John,
     I put my engine  in last week.  The old pilot bushing just fell out like
yours.  I too had to tap the new one in.  It slid onto the trans shaft easily
prior to tapping it in.  However, once it was in the engine, the shaft had to
be sqeezed into it using c-clamps.  I have to wonder if the inside diameter
was somehow decreased when the bushing was driven into the block(I did use a
comparable socket for a driver).  I feel that this is normal-any other
comments?

Tom Green
1979(1997) MGB