Re: Problem refitting engine

To: wkube@iadfw.net
Subject: Re: Problem refitting engine
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 08:52:23 -0500
If this is one of those bronze bushings that require oil-soaking, I
understand that it is better to heat-soak it.  Put it in a coffee can and
cover it with motor oil.  Heat in an oven at 250 degrees for about an
hour, then let soak overnight. This is probably best done on a bridge
night when the trouble and strife (cockney rhyming slang for the SO)
can't see what you are putting in her oven and won't smell the motor oil
cooking.  I got this info from Jarl deBoer who sometimes lurks on the
list, so maybe if he reads this he can confirm the process.  This is how
he told me to treat a bushing I was putting into a pedal on my TD.

We need another acronym--  INEB = I'm No Expert, But.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX