Re: In re: 'For Sale' items, non-LBC content, etc...

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: In re: 'For Sale' items, non-LBC content, etc...
From: G Graham <ggraham@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 02:33:01 -0400

Trevor Boicey wrote:

> Nory wrote:
> > Personally, I read every post - I don't want to miss anything, whether
> > it's a part for sale that I need, or another novel use for a cat.  I
> > read and enjoy it all.
> >
> > Nobody should be so self-centered as to assume this list is for only
> > their use and enjoyment, and to hell with what anybody else wants.
>
>   Can you not see the hypocrisy in those two sentences?
>
>   You are saying that you want the list to be a certain
> way and that everyone who doesn't agree should just
> leave.
>
>   Then you say that nobody should be so self-centered
> to think the list is supposed to be their way and
> to hell with everybody else.
>
>   How can you type that with a straight face?

Trevor,

I didn't interpret Nory's statement that way at all! I took it to mean that
the list will always have some posts that all of us at some time consider
"off topic" . It seems obvious that there is no chance that all of the posts
will be of interest to all of the members of the list. Nory implies that we
should be tolerant enough to accept the list as it evolves and to be careful
about reprimanding someone who posts something we consider to be outside of
the parameters of the list.

We all have personal preferences and delete keys . . . . nothing wrong with
using both!

Besides, there _are_ a lot of extra cats out there!

Regards,

Gary
74 MGB (not on the road yet, but closer . . . . )

btw-- anyone know any reason why a person can't make up a throttle cable
instead of buying one?