Re: In re: 'For Sale' items, non-LBC content, etc...

To: Nory <Nory@webtv.net>, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: In re: 'For Sale' items, non-LBC content, etc...
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 02:19:14 -0400
Nory wrote:
> Personally, I read every post - I don't want to miss anything, whether
> it's a part for sale that I need, or another novel use for a cat.  I
> read and enjoy it all.
>
> Nobody should be so self-centered as to assume this list is for only
> their use and enjoyment, and to hell with what anybody else wants.

  Can you not see the hypocrisy in those two sentences?

  You are saying that you want the list to be a certain
way and that everyone who doesn't agree should just
leave.

  Then you say that nobody should be so self-centered
to think the list is supposed to be their way and
to hell with everybody else.

  How can you type that with a straight face?

  We are scaring away good people. It was awful
a while ago, then it was fine. It's starting to
get there again. (though not as bad as the triumphs
list, there was a rather snotty poster who said
some rather condescending things to the list
as a whole, prompting a 500+ message firestorm
and at least 10 confirmed signoffs of long term
listers).

  There are many places to go on the internet for
light chat about any topic you like. Don't insist
on shoving it in the face of everyone else on
this list because you are unable to find them.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada