Re: In re: 'For Sale' items, non-LBC content, etc...

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: In re: 'For Sale' items, non-LBC content, etc...
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (Mere)
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 11:07:55 -0500
Ah, Trevor.  If only we were all so certain and determined in the face of
opposing opinion.  If only the world could be taught the proper uses of all
things.  It must be difficult to bear all the list heresies which force
themselves into the structure of what is right.

The petty harping about what is right or wrong about the postings to the
list is in itself an annoyance - albeit a source of considerable amusement
at the touchy and authoritarian nature of some of the list members.  We
drive LBCs but we don't have to adopt an excessively Brit sense of order
and propriety.  After all, it was that characteristic which resulted in the
decidedly disordered and improper things which we profess to love.  This
list exists to serve those who wish to use it.  There is no single recipe
for correctness.  "We have seen the enemy and he is us".

John McEwen