Re: Suppository Tools

To: Rick Morrison <gofastmg@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Suppository Tools
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 16:50:50 -0500 (EST)
        There are cheap tools and there are inexpensive tools. Because a
tool is made in China doesn't make it cheap. I have bought cheap tools in
the past and thrown them out. So far I have not been disappointed with one
single tool from Harbor Freight. I have not bought any wrenches from them
but am thinking about the stubby wrenches the sell for $10 a set. Before I
ever heard of the company I borrowed some tools fropm a neighbor of mine.
He is a PhD at the University of Buffalo. I mention this because he tested
the hardness of metal on the university equipment and gave me the numbers
in rockwell hardness. The numbers didn't mean anything to me, but he said
they were good. Who knows. What I do know Is that I have a dial indicator
from them that cost $10 bucks. I compared the reading with a Starrit brand
gauge and they were identical. I used my neighbors HF impact wrench when
my Ingersol Rand failed me and his worked. I have used his HVLP spray gun
and couldn't ask for a better gun. All my air tools are from there as is
my $50 hydraulic floor jack. All these were tax free and free shipping.
Next time you are in Sears look where there stuff is made. Check out
where Delta tools are made. Again inexpensive does not mean cheap. If
your'e a professional then these tools aren't for you, but for the home
mechanic they can't be beat for the price.
...Art