RE: Suppository Tools

To: Rick Morrison <gofastmg@juno.com>
Subject: RE: Suppository Tools
From: George Merryweather <georgem1@asiaonline.net.tw>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 08:13:15 +0800
An interesting thought, and comment.  I would have said the same thing =
before I moved to this side of the world.  The vast majority of tools =
made and used over here are of high quality.  You know the laws of =
supply and demand?  Or how 'bout, 'build it and they will come'?  The =
poor quality stuff is generally for export only.  If customers wouldn't =
buy it, it wouldn't be imported in the U.S., or even manufactured.  I =
won't go into a dissertation about labor forces, and material costs, =
etc. but, if there is a demand for poor quality stuff, and there seems =
to be in the U.S., then, as a distributor, you find out who can produce =
it at a reasonable cost, and still give you the margin you need to make =
a profit.  The manufacturing processes here are typically efficient =
enough to build cost effective goods at whatever quality level the =
customer will pay for.  The good stuff competes with U.S. manufactured =
goods, so those are either not imported by the U.S. distributors, or =
labelled to look more 'American' and sold under an American brand name. =
Sorry to get off the original topic.

George Merryweather
MG-less in Taiwan

        .....There are cheap tools and there are inexpensive tools. Because a
tool is made in China doesn't make it cheap. I have bought ....