RE: MG trip to England

To: "Phil Vanner" <pvanner@pclink.com>, "MGs (E-mail) " <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: MG trip to England
From: Philip Raby <philip.raby@eos-magazine.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 97 17:17:50 -0000
On 8/12/97 4:59 pm Phil Vanner said

>Like everything else, I guess one's perception of quality public transport
>is relative.  In the US there are few cities with decent public transport
>and a lot where it is almost non-existent. By most of our standards,
>London is excellent.
Yes, I guess you're right. I'm sure one of the reasons London has a good
underground system is cos the traffic is so bad. US cities are newer and
have developed with the motor car, a lot of London was around before cars
and the streets are just not suitable for modern traffic.

>BTW, regarding your comment about baseball caps and plaid slacks - if
>you're not careful, we'll bring up the subject of those shorts you were
>wearing in Issue1 of MG World again! ;-)
Oh no, I'll never live those down. I'll make sure I've got a Paul Smith
suit and Calvin Klein underpants next time I appear in the magazine ;-)

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk