Re: MG trip to England

To: "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MG trip to England
From: Philip Raby <philip.raby@eos-magazine.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 97 08:46:29 -0000
On 8/12/97 10:38 pm mgs-owner@autox.team.net said

>If you follow Phillip's excellent to suggestion to rent your car out of
>London, go to Heathrow.  You can take 45 minute "tube" ride to Heathrow
>and one of the courtesy buses to one of the rental car places.  From
>there you can get right on the motorway.  Although this may sound
>time-consuming, it will probably take you less time than trying to fight
>your way out of London in the traffic.
>
>Be sure to reserve the car in advance.

That's an excellent idea. Heathrow is right by the M25 which will take
you on to the M40 towards Gaydon - you can't get lost. Just stick to the
variable speed limit on the M25 or you'll get flashed :-(

Sadly, I very much doubt you'll hire an MGF from Heathrow, just bog
standard Euroboxes.

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk