Re: Creation of MGs Newsgroup?

To: boballen@sky.net
Subject: Re: Creation of MGs Newsgroup?
From: miker15@juno.com (michael j robson)
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 14:30:40 EST
On Tue, 27 Jan 1998 22:51:18 -0600 Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
writes:
>Andy Ramm wrote:
>
>> I've been thinking of proposing an MGs usenet
>> group to augment the listserv we have here.
>
>I can't imagine why that would be a better deal than what Mark has
>been
>doing for us for (essentially) free. Not all ISPs carry they same news
>feeds would be the first minor irritation for finding the list.
>
>The bigger problem is all the spam. Spam is indiscriminately dumped to
>news lists,  and, more importantly, anyone who contributes to
>newsgroups
>might as well wear a sign that say "Here is my address, send me junk!"
>
>I might lurk on a public list but I've given up contributing.
>--
>Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
>BTW: Do you  receive junk mail or weird offers out of the blue? Don't
>respond to any of them. The list harvesters pay more for known
>"active"
>email addresses.

I wasnt actually sure what was meant by "ISPs Newsgroup" and the like - i
kinda thought thats what this is but if such a thing generates junk mail
"AHM AGINNIT!"
I have virtually stopped using AOL because the mailbox fills with
literally hundreds of messages for life insurance, bulk emails and ladies
with big hooters (oops what a giveaway!) so i let it fill up and send
them all back rejections but before i crawl back into my cave and ponder
the ridiculous concept of the wheel - what are the benefits of such a
thing - as opposed to what we have here?

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]