Re: Creation of MGs Newsgroup?

To: miker15@juno.com (michael j robson)
Subject: Re: Creation of MGs Newsgroup?
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 19:07:28 -0500
>I have virtually stopped using AOL because the mailbox fills with
>literally hundreds of messages for life insurance, bulk emails and ladies
>with big hooters (oops what a giveaway!) so i let it fill up and send
>them all back rejections but before i crawl back into my cave and ponder
>the ridiculous concept of the wheel - what are the benefits of such a
>thing - as opposed to what we have here?

By replying, all you're doing is telling their software that you've got a
"live" email address.

Just delete the crap.

Benefits of a newsgroup vs the email list? Hm. Well, you only download what
you
want to read.

Too bad if you post once you'll be deluged with spam mail.

I vote to keep the status quo.

BEN RUSET - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset
Safety Fast & MG Cars Webring -  http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis