Re: Beefing up

To: "Bill Schooler" <schooler@erols.com>, "Rick Morrison" <gofastmg@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Beefing up
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 08:40:34 +1100
The reason is that the distance between the throats is significantly less
than the distance between the intake ports. This means that the inlet
manifold must direct the flow outwards from the carb to the head. The
resulting outward momentum of the air/fuel mixture means that
cylinders 1 & 4 get more fuel (fuel droplets are heavier than the air)
and 2 & 3 run leaner.

Split webers run a straight manifold from the (single operating) throat
directly into the intake.

Mike
p.s. this can add a few HP to a race motor because to be safe on 2 & 3,
you have to run 1 & 4 too rich for max HP.