RE: Blood on the MG

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Blood on the MG
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 16:18:10 -0700
It's very coincidental that this thread started now - I spent yesterday
afternoon vulturizing a couple of late model Bs in the local Pull N Save
junkyard with Corey Hogue (another long term MG nut and SVMGCC member).
His original quest was to obtain some seat back handles, having broken
one last week as well (no blood this time, fortunately).

Corey suggests "choking up" on the handle, grabbing it down near the
pivot point, rather than leaning on the blade part of the handle.
Smooth, easy pressure might also be the ticket, those of you with early
plastic interior door handles should know the drill.  Those seatback
handles are made out of crummy potmetal, I'd been thinking of sending
them out for re-chroming, but they may disintegrate in the process.

Cheers,
Paul Kile