Re: Blind Driver Rally Was: Blackout at 60mph

To: joannaadler@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Blind Driver Rally Was: Blackout at 60mph
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 20:58:13 EST
On Mon, 04 Jan 1999 17:18:25 -0800 Joanna Adler <joannaadler@yahoo.com>
writes:
>That does sound like great fun!!!  Are there other events like this?
>
>Joanna

Joanna,
 I understand that the Chicagoland MGB club holds one every year. In
fact, to be honest, that's where we "stole" the idea from.

But honestly, it's not hard to put on, and any good sized club or group
can do it. It does take the cooperation of an agency (school, etc) that
deals with the sight impaired to get it going. The hardest part is
getting "sponsors". We probably spent more time doing that than actually
planning and putting on the event.  For example, have you ever walked
into a Jaguar dealership and asked for 10 new Jags for a couple of days
for the "celebrity" participants to drive? Daunting to say the least.
  Oh, we got them; 6 new Xj6's, and 4 XJS's.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget