Re: Blind Driver Rally Was: Blackout at 60mph

To: Bill Schooler <schooler@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Blind Driver Rally Was: Blackout at 60mph
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 12:15:57 -0500
Bill Schooler wrote:

> On a personal note, I have a fairly severe hearing loss.  Picture that -
> a blind navigator and a deaf driver...now there was a real challenge!

Bill,
Your right, a blind navigator and a deaf driver would be real hard.  Here
is my fix for the problem.  Let the blind guy drive, that way he will hear
all of the instructions from you.  The should be in the form of "TURN LEFT
NOW!   BRAKE! GAS! OH SH*T!!".  You should be the naviagtor since you can
see all the landmarks.  Of course you will have to learn braille, or you
could just have the driver read the instructions, its not like he has to
watch the road.  Should work fine, trust me.  Oh yea, if a cop stops you
two, just claim that the blind guy was the most sober, and you two were
just trying to keep the roads safe.  Good luck.

----
Bill GilroyE-mail:    wmgilroy@lucent.com
Telephone: 732-957-4775
Fax:       732-957-4775