Re: oil filters

To: <Johnmowog@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: oil filters
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 13:12:23 -0400
...have'ta disagree... the 'open end down' filter arrangement is
 messy when replacing yes, but!
I can only speak for the Delco PlusOne filters I use, that have the
drain-back feature. Even in the morining, when going to work
I usually see oil pressure rising before she even catches and fires up.
And believe me... My '73 GT (OB) starts extremely easily.

Also, to solve all your 'pressureless startups'..... dare I say it....
copy the late model Spitfire arrangement. The oil pressure switch has three
terminals.
One is a switch to ground... the normal idiot light switch.
Thew other two are a 'floating' switch which shuts off ignition until oil
pressure
is present, thus stopping it from starting (and killing it quickly) if oil
pressure
is not present.

Paul Tegler
1973 BGT - Daily Driver