Re: Hypothetical question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hypothetical question
From: "Kristian Chronister" <Kristian@Chronister.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 17:41:16 -0000
I'll duck now to avoid the hail of stones... but isn't that pretty much what
the BMW Z3 is? A safe, low-emissions, nicely handling car with A/C and other
niceties? In other words, an easy, comfortable, wonder-bread kind of MG?
They seem to sell 'em nicely at $30-40K a pop... but they don't make my
heart go pitty-pat like my MGA or the B or various pre-7 TR's do. (However,
a nod in the direction of whomever designed the front of the car -- nicely
done!)

It's a shame that you can't (legally) build a bare-bones sport roadster like
our beloved friends anymore. Between needing 3-point belts, roll bars, air
bags, ABS, emissions control, etc. you pretty much HAVE to build the vanilla
version. Not to mention that you're going to have to put in a 18-speaker CD
changer with the boom-boom subwoofer, and the obligatory multiple
cup-holders, if you're gonna get any mass audience for the thing. Basically
you get either the Z3 (pricey) or the Pontiac Sunfire (cheaper, but
zzzzzz...)...

Kris