Re: Hypothetical question

To: "Kristian Chronister" <Kristian@Chronister.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hypothetical question
From: "Jason Dutt" <jason@markerman.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 22:56:09 -0400
I won't throw any tar or feathers at you, but comparing a Z3 to an MG is
like comparing...well...I'm blank for analogies, but it's not even in the
ballpark.  My folks have a 6 cyl. Z3 in Florida.  Don't get me wrong...I
really like that car.  For one thing, they're extremely quick and nimble.
The braking system is simply remarkable.  One of my favourite idiosyncricies
about it is that when you put the car in reverse (theirs is an auto tranny),
the rear end pops up with the torque of the engine.  They are a bit spartan
on the interior, considering their price tag, but IMHO all BMW's are, so
that's nothing new.  A major difference between Z3's and MGs is MGs were
relatively cheap for what you got.  I don't know that you can say that about
a Z3.

Really, we have to be careful about comparing our cars to every small
convertible on the market.  There is simply no car that I know of that truly
parellel's what the MG was in it's time.  Of course, being 24 years of age,
MG's were before my time, so I'm speaking entirely on textbook knowledge.
:-)

Best Regards,

=J=