RE: Car covers

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Car covers
From: "Gordon Bird" <gobird@vbe.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:48:43 -0500
>>Frankly though, I'm intrigued by the "inflatable bubble"
>>fan-vented car capsule that's advertised in Hemming's.

I believe that the inflatable bubble is for use indoors only.  I
have seen one in use for a pristine TD and the owners were very
pleased with it.  I don't believe it would be very practical if
you worked on or drove your car very often as it seemed to be a
PITA to get the car in and out of it.
Regarding the car covers, I don't think keeping the car dry is an
issue. Plain old water really doesn't hurt the car as long as it
is allowed to evaporate and not become trapped under the cover.  I think the
advantage of the cover would be to channel most of the water off the car
rather than allow it into all of the seams and joints where it could puddle.
After all, don't we all wash our cars with water?

just .02 more
Gordie Bird
'62 MGA (lives in warm garage, but drives in rain often, and no
         rust)
'86 Audi 4kcsq (lives outside under tyvek cover, and no rust!)