Going to look at a '71 B tomorrow

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Going to look at a '71 B tomorrow
From: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 23:45:05 -0500
In my continuing quest to find the right MGB, I'm going to look at a '71 B
roadster tomorrow. This one's only about 1 hour away, but unfortunately its
at a dealer. This place is by no means a British specialty dealer, just a
small used car place. When I called them to ask about the car, they knew
little about the car besides it runs and drives (was driven there as a trade
in), is dark blue, is not rusty except a little in the trunk (I highly doubt
that's it, but its only an hour away and close enough for a look), ~70k
showing on the odo, and it needs new carpets. I hope the fact they know
little about MG's may allow me to negotiate a little better on the price.
The car is listed at $2500, but price is negotiable. I figure if the car
runs OK, paint is decent, and is relatively rust-free (especially in the key
structural areas), I'll offer $1500, and probably be able to get the car
somewhere in the $1500-$1800 range. One question. It is supposed to snow
around here a bit tomorrow. If I would happen to buy the car, how are B's in
the snow (if the tires are OK)?

Craig