Re: Going to look at a '71 B tomorrow

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Going to look at a '71 B tomorrow
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 10:25:21 EST
In a message dated 12/16/99 11:47:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
niederst@telerama.com writes:

<< One question. It is supposed to snow
 around here a bit tomorrow. If I would happen to buy the car, how are B's in
 the snow (if the tires are OK)? >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have driven all my LBCs in the snow in years past.  They handle fine AS
LONG AS YOU KNOW HOW TO DRIVE in the snow.  Narrow tires give you more weight
per square inch than wide tires.  Decent treads will grip the snow.  Don't
slam on the brakes...don't try to turn while braking (which you shouldn't do
in the dry either)...and don't spin the wheels when you start up.

Go to an empty parking lot and "cut some cookies" to get a feel for the car
in snow.  If you use your head, there is no problem driving any car in the
snow.  (SUV's not included!)

Good luck with the B.  Hope it is an early Christmas present (read "almost
concours quality" and they don't know it)!!!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport