Re: double / single clutch

To: "Paul Nelson" <ya632@victoria.tc.ca>
Subject: Re: double / single clutch
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 19:52:54 -0800
Exactly! What you describe is what I thought I wrote. David described that
technique (by a slip of the keyboard, I'm sure) as what Skye called
single-clutching, but it is, as you rightly state, double-clutching because
the clutch pedal goes in and out as you "engage" neutral to blip the
throttle, then in and out again as you engage the lower gear.

Of course, this is probably going to get even more confusing when someone
reminds us all that the English term for this is "double de-clutching", and
then questions whether engaging the clutch is the act of depressing the
clutch pedal (which, technically, disengages it) or of letting it out.

Anyone for a change of thread?

Lawrie