Re: double / single clutch

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: double / single clutch
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 10:14:24 -0500
On that same topic, it has become almost second nature while at a complete
stop, to depress the clutch and shift into 2nd gear, before shifting into
first.  What are the dynamics here... given that this alligns the gearbox
with the engine (I guess) should I be doing something different when
shifting from 1st to 2nd?  Am I extending my transmission life by doing
this?  Or does the fact that I was occaisionally getting a grind when
shifting directly into first indicate a preexisting problem?

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
'68 Sprite (hasn't ground a gear since I've owned it)
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com
Bloomfield, NJ