RE: coolent recovery

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: coolent recovery
From: Gordon Bird <gb@the-bdc.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 09:05:38 -0400
I'm not sure one is underfilling the radiator.  I have heard many people
with A's want to put a recovery tank on as they say they keep loosing
coolant when they stop, and have to refill rad.  I read (I think in a
manual, not on a list) that the rad in the A is not to be filled right up to
the top in order to allow for expansion.  Been following that advise for
over a year and haven't lost any coolant.  Haven't been running hot either.
I think it all has to do with the design of the system.  My B has a recovery
tank, was designed that way.
HTH
Gordie Bird
62 MGA