Re: coolent recovery

To: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Subject: Re: coolent recovery
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 15:29:38 EDT
In a message dated 4/4/00 1:24:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ATWEDITOR@aol.com
writes:

<< << You only need a bi-directional radiator cap to make it work. >>

 I am NOT bi-directional, and I resent the implication!

 Seriously, I have never known such a thing existed.  My caps are all stock
 caps, and yet they suck coolant with the best of them.  And, yes, please run
 the hose to nearly the bottom of the recovery vessel. >>

I don't think it has anything to do with the cap itself.  The overflow tube
comes out of the rediator filler neck.  You just re-route the overflow tube
into the recovery bottle.  The cap has nothing to do with it, other than
sealing the top of the radiator to pressurize it.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport