Re: IGNITOR FAILURE-USEFULL LIFE?

To: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@cyberlink.com>, <JustBrits@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: IGNITOR FAILURE-USEFULL LIFE?
From: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@cyberlink.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 23:05:44 -0500
Sorry Ed couldn't resist that last typo.
But seriously this thread has made me look a little more at the
advantages/disadvantages of the points vs. ignitor/electronic etc. systems.

The points seeming to be much more durable and forgiving in say an
accidental shorting out of car systems, and also quite a bit cheaper as
others have mentioned. The difficulty in changing points vs ignitor is about
the same with distrbutor out in my experience.

It seemed like a good investment at the time, no problems so far (1000
miles)My other cars have points which I check at least once a year as a
habit which really isn't that big of a deal.
I think most of us will probably stick with what we feel comfortable with ,
come to think of it I also changed over to a  non points fuel pump but I'm
not gonna open that one,no way.
              Mark