Re: IGNITOR FAILURE-USEFULL LIFE?

To: jboatri@emory.edu, eric@erickson.on.net
Subject: Re: IGNITOR FAILURE-USEFULL LIFE?
From: LBCarCoMail@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 00:15:22 EDT
Just a bit more info on the ignitor from personal experience.

>From my tracking I have had only one mechanical failure on a customers unit
(that I know of ) out of about 1700 units so far.  Out of this there were
about 6 that I know of that were not properly installed and friend and
Pertronix replaced them all without question.  I would say there were also
about 20 or so with questions on how to install and again either I or
Pertronix helped on that issue.

I would save the average is on the plus side for this very inexpensive
reliable unit.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jeff Zorn
Little British Car Co., Ltd.
Visit us on the web
www.LBCarCo.com

In a message dated 8/5/00 3:10:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jboatri@emory.edu
writes:

<< As for a count, I think that the numbers are mounting. On just this
 thread my count is 5 failures (2 for me, 2 for Larry Hoy, and 1 for
 Kai Radicke). OTOH, there are scores in service just on the mgs and
 spridgets list. My local LBC mechanic claims to have installed over
 one hundred and has never had a single failure. Note, though, that
 Kai and I use our LBCs as daily drivers (I don't know about Larry). >>