Re: IGNITOR FAILURE-USEFULL LIFE?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: IGNITOR FAILURE-USEFULL LIFE?
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2000 01:41:02 +0000
Hey guys, are we looking at a bit of a knee-jerk reaction here or what?
I would really like to know because, of course, I have gone the
Pertronix way myself.

So far, from an extensive list like this, I have heard about three
failures (did I count right?) and someone who says they have lasted ages
so far without a failure.  Hardly seems like cause to abandon ship.

Can anyone point me at some web resource or whatever that may indicate a
problem (unresolved) with this bit of equipment?

I haven't seen any conclusive evidence that would suggest that these
units won't outlast points (and many stories of points hassles that were
the reason for getting the Pertronix in the first place - far more than
three or four stories of problems).

So far I am a few thousand miles down the track and a few races further
on without a problem with my Pertronix.

Anyone got any conclusive proof on the points vs electronic/pointless
ignition argument?

Eric
'68MGB MkII