Re: OD Tranny

To: <wtsnyder@juno.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OD Tranny
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 11:16:00 -0500
was the label with/near the serial number blue or
black in color. black is early type, blue is late model.
Late should fit your '72  (18V 5 main)
Yes, you need to pull the motor.
The non OD tranny might possibly be pulled
without the engine from underneath, but the O/D tranny
is too long, and extends past/over the welded in
cross member. (by about 2-3" in front of the flange
driveshaft connection.)
 You wouldn't have enough
space to stuff the tailcone (O/D) up and into place
expecting to raise the front and get the shaft into the
back of the engine.

Yes... (I believe anyway) the effort is worthwhile,
both in driving convenience and in dollar value sale-ability.

Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com