Re: was I am on a Quest now Scotch

To: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: was I am on a Quest now Scotch
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 14:33:50 -0500
Folks,

Being English I am partial to decent Scotch, and have just discovered the
joys of Irish (my god, where have I been?) by inducement of an old
university chum of 35 years ago.  But did you know that the Scots add a
little water to bring out the flavour (it does!).  However, when the
English vamped all over Scotland they wanted to appear tough so they drank
it neat!  This method of consumption became the unfortunately the
norm.  But the good old Scots knew the best way and still do, no doubt!

At 07:44 AM 2/17/01 -0800, Dan DiBiase wrote:
>Sorry, guys, not much of a Scotch drinker.... There was this bad
>experience with a bottle of Black and White scotch in my college days....
>Pretty much go with bourbon (Makers Mark). Although my neighbor recently
>snuck some (I believe) single malt in a glass for me and it was pretty
>smooth. Have to find out the name. Was certainly better than my memory of
>the B&W...!
>

>=====
>Dan DiBiase
>Dayton, NJ
>'76 MGB Tourer - Brooklands Green - My Driver!
>'65 Pull-handle MGB Tourer - faded Tartan Red - My Project!
>NAMGBR #5-2328
>a year!  http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Regards
Barrie Robinson