Re: Fuel problems continue

To: "Brent Schwartz" <brentschwartz@qwest.net>,
Subject: Re: Fuel problems continue
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 08:51:18 -0500
At 06:08 AM 4/30/2001 -0500, Brent Schwartz wrote:
>.... It almost has to be some sort of fuel vapor lock.  The fuel or the
float bowls or something.  Heat is building up, vaporizing the gas and
putting back pressure on the system.  I know the pump is not building that
kind of pressure by itself. ....

It's been so long I forgot which car you guys are talking about, but no way
there should be any back pressure in the float chambers with no fuel in the
line.  The float chambers are supposed to be vented when the engine is
running.  ALWAYS!  Just pull the vent hose off of the carb vloat chamber(s)
and see if your problem goes away.  If that works, then look for the reason
it's not venting the float chambers.

I seem to recall that Carl said '67 MGB.  If that has the original carbs
the vent lines should just drop down by the side of the engine and be
permanently open vented to atmosphere.  Hard to believe that both would be
plugged, unless some DPO was up to no good.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg

///