Re: Fuel problems continue

To: "Carl W French" <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel problems continue
From: "Brent Schwartz" <brentschwartz@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 06:08:32 -0500
Ya, yu becha! Sounds like a problem to me.

It almost has to be some sort of fuel vapor lock.  The fuel or the float bowls

or something.  Heat is building up, vaporizing the gas and putting back
pressure
on the system.  I know the pump is not building that kind of pressure by
itself.
I am going to try a makeshift heat shield tonight to see if it will halt the
problem
I am also going to inspect the back side of the shielding and see where the
insulation might be bad.  Do you have any other ideas where the system might
be getting hot?  I wonder why the float bowl vents aren't letting the pressure

out of the system?   Hmmmmmm?

Brent

Carl W French wrote:

> Wow, we sound like kindred brother's right now. It seems like we a lot in
> common. because everytime I have disconnected the system the pump will fill
> a bottle as fast as I could want it. I have blown the lines, replaced
> 'most' of the rubber lines (will finish that project because it is so
> easy), replaced the  fuel pump (had the same thing you had with your friend
> hitting the pump), replaced the filter x3, drained   and filtered the tank
> contents x4. I know we have fixed the floats over the last two years. done
> jets and needles but hey they can go bad again.
> I am going to follow your problem closely, I will keep you up to date also.
>
> Carl

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list