Re: WOOHOOOOOOO EX257 is on the track!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: WOOHOOOOOOO EX257 is on the track!
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 13:20:00 EDT
I rather think the MG LeMans car is as close to an "MG" as any car could be
and still race at LeMans.  I mean, obviously these are not the days of the
MGA racers (the one from the Westminster MG Museum ended up WHERE exactly?)
where the road car and the track car are closely related at all.  The point
of F1, to me, is to demonstrate that a company has high-tech knowledge that
can be applied to the road cars.  MG did this when they through the MG F1
car's engine into the MG ZT to demonstrate that F1 tech is not just for the
track.

A few other things that will make the MG F1 car more of an MG... Lola is
moving to Longbridge apparently.  The car was developed by a company that is
closely related to MG, i.e. Lola who owns a chunk of MG.  Thats better than
the Mercedes formula of not long ago, when they didn't even own McLaren, or
the Jaguar/Ford formula of buying out Jackie and painting his cars green.

I highly suggest those of you who are interested in the future of MG and MG
rumors, etc, to use the "MG Car Company" section of www.mgcars.org.uk
Information is leaked there fast and furious, far quicker and more
knowledgable stuff than here.  David Knowles is a frequent contributor and
there are a few Longbridge insiders.

I really think someday Longbridge will stand for what Abingdon once did.

    John

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list