Re: WOOHOOOOOOO EX257 is on the track!

To: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Subject: Re: WOOHOOOOOOO EX257 is on the track!
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 12:38:54 -0500
WSpohn4@aol.com wrote:

> I feel like the Grinch again, but the Le Mans efforts really have
> nothing to do with our MGs. The company died, they revived
> the name, they stick it on a race car, and expect everyone
> with a TC to go all limp at the thought?

   But isn't that how it's supposed to work when the goal is
'marketing'?  Does anyone (who matters) really believe that
the NASCAR Monte Carlo is ANYTHING like what you can buy
from Chevy?  How about that automotive abortion built by
Cadillac?  EeeeYuck!  They use it in the car ads and can claim
nothing more than a "cutesy" bumper sticker -- because that
is all that it has done in real racing?!
   And the Audi Le Mans cars!  Wonderful machines.  At least
that is a true factory effort; Same with Porsche and BMW.
Ferrari have decided to support only one series, Formula One
(Oh crap!  I said the forbidden words on the MG List!) so there
are no factory supported F333sps in the field.
   I suspect that the MG marque logo has been resurrected to
support the reintroduction of the 'name' on some BMW based
car yet to be announced.  If they can redo the Mini, they can
redo the MGB -- not that it would be the same.  After all, it
probably would have the greatest abomination known to
modern motorsport:  CUP HOLDERS!

   And yes,  this is all tongue in cheek.  See  :-P

--
Rick Lindsay
2 MGs

///