RE: heater removal

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: heater removal
From: "DenverD" <DenverD@Texan.dk>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 13:37:22 +0200
On Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:54:15 -0400, Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com wrote:

>I had to use a hacksaw in order to have the heater removed. The round shaped
>foam between the heater and the firewall makes this very sticky over the
>years.

ah HA!..
as i suspected...
there is NO foam or anything between the heater and the firewall..
more over, there is no connection between the "air control knob" and the
heater..

and, i recall when i first looked at the car there was NO heater..
the guy said he would put one in before i picked it up..

i'm now thinking what he did was put in a leaking thing out of a parts car and
just barely got it partially hooked up..

shucks, reamed again..
(one should never buy an automobile he knows nothing about--but it sure LOOKS
good...)

well, the sun shines, i'll go for a drive (no heat, loud valve train noise, and
wheel shake...big deal--it LOOKS good)

DenverD - A Texan in Denmark
65B # GHN3L/33680; engine 18V581-H193

///