RE: heater removal

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: heater removal
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 08:58:40 -0600
>On Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:54:15 -0400, Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com wrote:
>
> >I had to use a hacksaw in order to have the heater removed. The round shaped
> >foam between the heater and the firewall makes this very sticky over the
> >years.

I attempted to remove the heater box once but could tell it was not going
to come out. I managed to pull it up maybe a few inches, just far enough to
remover the clips, split open the box, and pull out the heater core. I
thought the box was going to bend but it survived unscathed (well, the lip
that rests on the firewall part got bent a little but I straightened it).

I had to remove the heater core because I had no heat. Once I cleaned it
and put it back in the car, it worked better, although at temperatures
below maybe 10 degrees F I would still have to scrape ice condensation off
the inside of the window, and this on a 71 BGT.

David
67 BGT
72 B

///