Re: Installing alarm and actuators

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Installing alarm and actuators
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:40:08 -0800
Hmm, I might rethink the remote actuator part... I'd be dubious about adding
heavy servos and electronics to the doors of a roadster (for reliability
reasons). Besides, if you have an alarm, why are you concerned about someone
jimmying the door locks? Not that they even have to unlock the doors, they
can just cut through the top (expensive and annoying -- most people would
prefer they went through the doors).

But I am on record with my opinion on the utility and efficacy of alarm
systems, so I will merely note that in many cases these installations seem
to be simply manifestations of a fascination with electronic gadgets in
general...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149